Electronic Document Management
Increased competition and financial constraints are forcing many companies to significantly reduce their cost base. If yours is a paper intensive organisation, one area where you can make savings is your document management. Did you know that as much as 15% of your business turnover is spent on document creation, management processing, storage and retrieval?
By switching to electronic document management (EDM) you can reduce your operational costs and improve productivity. In fact, legislation is forcing many industries (particularly the public sector) to implement EDM.
Cut costs, improve productivity
At Newman, we are at the forefront of EDM. Whatever the size of your company, whatever your budget, we offer a range of electronic solutions which will make a dramatic difference to the way you operate your business. Here are the benefits of EDM:
- Speeds up access to, and dissemination of information to enhance customer service, enabling customer queries to be answered instantly – no more difficulty finding files/documents.
- The risk of ‘lost’ documents is eliminated as retrieval of any file/document becomes instant.
- Files need not be stored in filing cabinets in offices, giving a cost saving in terms of space.
- EDM eliminates the need for external box storage.
- EDM will immediately result in a cost saving in terms of increased productivity, affecting all aspects of the business.
- EDM will control/reduce unnecessary printing of documents, giving a saving in paper/print costs.
- EDM eliminates the need for printing as every user will have access to the same image on the system.
- EDM storage means that all paperwork relating to a client is retained within the system and is accessible within seconds.
- EDM will ensure the safe deletion/disposal of elderly files, thus retaining client confidentiality and offering further cost savings in terms of productivity and staff time.
To see how Petroleum Pipe benefited from Sharp’s electronic archiving tool click here.
Can we do your filing?
If you don’t want the hassle of filing records, we can also offer you a bureau service where we will agree the appropriate file structures for your business and then electronically file your manual records in an easily accessible format.
A solution to suit you
At Newman, we offer a range of solutions from entry-level document management to corporate-wide solutions with complex workflows and fulfilments. This allows us to cater for inclusion of multiple indexing of documents, support of all document types, batch scanning, scan on demand, electronic sign-off, reporting, archiving, version control of documents, OCR and full workflow to streamline business processes.
Together with our strategic partners we can integrate hardware and software with your existing database, network, systems and applications. We will also provide expert training tools and courses, hosting, technical support, bespoke software development, consultancy and analysis.
Even if you already have a document management solution, we may be able to help you use it more effectively. Today’s multifunctional devices can be enabled to allow documents to be scanned directly into a specific location within a document management solution. This eliminates the possibility of misfiling as scanning is customised to a specific point within the application.
If you need basic electronic storage/retrieval, we can offer you SharpFind, including the new ‘off-the-shelf’ EDM package which is ideal for the SME or for departmental use within large corporate businesses.
This solution allows you to convert paper documents into electronic images thus freeing up valuable office space currently occupied by filing cabinets, as well as enabling faster retrieval of information when it is required.
SharpFind is available in two versions, SharpFind Online and SharpFind Server.
An ASP service which effectively allows users to `rent’ document storage space at an external source.
Comprises a high specification Hewlett Packard server and pre-installed ZyIMAGE EDM software, along with Windows 2003 Server and PCS Net Support remote management software.