Posted on 04 May 2018 in Help & advice
Do you have a handle on your total print costs?
A service contract will help you control costs with a single, all-inclusive fee. While agreements vary, they can include reliable state-of-the-art printers and multifunctional devices, labour, servicing, parts, support and monitoring tools that alert the supplier to any problems, so they can be fixed before you know about them.
This leaves you to concentrate on what you do best: running your business.
End the hassle. Rein in waste. Bring efficiency back.
- Look into an agreement that covers everything but the paper, never worry about ordering toner again and lower your print costs by up to 30%. Service agreements usually include parts, repairs and help you efficiently purchase printers and multifunctional devices in a single fee. Think of the convenience.
- Managed print service contracts vary widely, so do your research. Beware of companies offering agreements at amazingly low prices - this may be a tactic to negotiate higher rates once you’ve signed. Ask if there’s a severance fee if you opt out of an agreement before it expires.
- If you lease your printers and multifunctional devices, check lease period conditions carefully. Some agreements automatically roll over, giving you less freedom to change supplier or product if the equipment doesn’t live up to the promise. You also end up paying considerably more than you bargained for.
- A single payment covering the holistic print function means you’ll be able to budget more easily and regain control of spending.
- Understand your printing volumes and total cost of ownership. Seek agreements that include user monitoring to gather printing data that identifies wastage, uncharacteristically high volumes, inefficiencies and bottlenecks. This means you can act on problems swiftly and make informed business decisions based on accurate information.
Read how Newman put in place a slick managed print service for one organisation.
Read case study.