03 Mar Disaster Recovery – How will your business cope?
Do you have a tested disaster recovery plan in place for your business?
It’s a case of the 5 P’s (Perfect Planning Prevents Poor Performance) if you fail to plan then you plan to fail. Yes, these may sound like clichés but we have recently read several articles about how ransomware has disrupted one business and put the other larger financial institution out of business and staff left ‘at liberty’ to look for alternative employment.
So sophisticated are todays online hackers that we as business owners need to endeavour to be one step ahead. Just because our data is ‘in the cloud’ doesn’t mean it is automatically ‘safe, or secure’ nor would an on-premise IT solution necessarily be safe, particularly in the event of fire, flood, theft or even act of god. So, how do you go about making sure you are covered should ‘the worst scenario’ hit your business.
Have a think about some of these points…
- Have you got documented procedures
- Have you got anti-malware software actively working on your network
- Where is your data stored
- What are your back up processes
- Have you considered your physical options should your business premises become inaccessible, where would your staff work and how could you continue to do business in the event of such severe disruption
If you are unsure about any of these points, then it might be worth having a chat with our technical team here at Newman to see what steps you can put in place to protect your business data and to implement a business continuity plan.